Inductive Energy Transfer pt.1
For the next version of my crystal necklace, I wanted the ability to transfer energy to the device wirelessly, so that I could pot it in silicone and make it waterproof. In order to do that, I threw together a quick experiment using my function generator and an oscilloscope.
I quickly printed out two spools with a diameter of 20 mm and wrapped 50 turns of 26 gauge magnet wire around each.
I then threw together a mosfet switch on a breadboard, and connected it to my function generator. I tried different frequencies with the device, and found that it transmitted best at around 2.18 Mhz.
|Note: This was the voltage measured across the red LED|
I didn't bother measuring the power transmitted because it was so small, but I did manage to get a red led to glow slightly. I think I'm going to need to research this area more before I build the next iteration, and figure out how to push more power through.